On August 18 it was time again for our cooking group in Laim to meet, cook and enjoy!
I personally was unfortunately not there but the group was so nice to bring me some beautiful lemon tiramisu to my home <3 <3 Thank you so much!
The lemon tiramisu, of course, also has a history. First the Lemon Curd was sold out in the Rewe and our team thought “Well, then we take Lemon Jelly”! I have no idea what to do with Lemon Jelly…is it a type of jelly? For bread?
The lemon jelly has not been used in the end because someone in the cooking group could make lemon curd itself! She also said that it is totally easy! (I think it saved the lemon tiramisu ;)) And so the team goes back to the Rewe extra lemons to buy!
What else was on the table?
There are chickpea wraps as a main course and side dish was a Spicy Avocado Mango Salad (also with 3.5 lemons :P).
Here are the recipes:
Recipe from: https://www.sevencooks.com/de/rezept/wraps-mit-kichererbsenfuellung-4243
For 4 people
|150 g||cooked chickpeas|
|40 g||red onion|
|2 TBSP.||Chopped coriander|
|20 g||Iceberg lettuce|
|1/2||Lemon (juice of it)|
- Combine the chickpeas and hummus in a large bowl. Add the cilantro and a little salt and pepper. Season to taste with lemon juice.
- Cut carrots, cucumber, onion and lettuce into thin strips.
- Heat wraps according to package directions and spread hummus mixture over wraps. Then also distribute the cut vegetables on the wraps.
- Then fold the lower part of the wraps and roll them up from the side. If you like you can wrap them in Botterbrot paper and fix them with a thread.
Spicy Avocado Mango Salad
Recipe adapted from: https://www.rewe.de/rezepte/spicy-avocado-mango-salat
For 4 people
|4 TBSP.||red vinegar|
|480 g||Goat camembert|
|6 TBSP.||Olive oil|
|4||Romana lettuce hearts|
|2||Handful basil leaves|
- First peel the red onion and cut into rings. Then gives it in a pot with 500 ml of boiling water and 1 tablespoon of red vinegar.
- Cut the goat cheese into slices.
- Squeeze half of the lemon.
- Halve the avocado (core out), remove the peel and cut the flesh into wedges. Marinate the columns in the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Peel the mango and separate it in slices.
- Clean the lettuce hearts.
- Halve the chili pepper, remove the seeds and chop finely.
- Bring it all together now! Mix avocado, onion, mango and chili in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Make a vinaigrette with basil leaves, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon red vinegar and mix with the iceberg lettuce. Serve with the avo-mango mixture.
Recipe adapted from: https://www.edeka.de/rezepte/rezept/zitronen-tiramisu.jsp
For 8 people
|700 g||Greek yogurt|
|3.5 Packets||Vanilla sugar|
|5 ¼ TBSP.||brown sugar|
|¾ Collar||Lemon balm|
- Let’s make the lemon curd first. Clean the lemons and grate the peel. Use the zest of 3 lemons for the lemon curd.
- Put 160 ml of lemon juice (not all) and the grated zest of 3 lemons in a saucepan.
- Add 150 g sugar and 3 eggs. Whisk well.
- Then heat slowly, stirring constantly, while slowly adding 75 g of butter in small pieces.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Mix the mascarpone and yogurt. Add vanilla sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice and the rest of the grated peel.
- Take a square in front of you and put half of the mascarpone mixture in it. Spread flat and then pour the lemon curd on top. Then it’s the turn of the ladyfingers, followed by another layer of mascarpone spread flat.
- Then put the tiramisu in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Before serving, drip lemon balm on top and place a thin slice of lemon on top as garnish.